Friday 12 December 2008

Jim should've fixed it, because Santa definitely failed

Some of you may be wondering where I've been for the past 11 days. Some of you may not have been wondering this. For those who are interested, I've had so much Uni work to do that Blogging had to move down my list of priorities, behind the work itself, Football Manager and Nickelback's new album.

I'm finally feeling kind of Christmassy too. Due to my humongous work load, I haven't really been in the mood for it to be honest, but now that it's all over and done with I'm well up for it. However, I'm beginning to think that Santa isn't doing his job properly because I've had a Stretch Armstrong on my Christmas list for the past 10 years or so, and I still haven't got one. I mean, how good did he look on the adverts?! I was envious beyond belief of those "perfect" American kids who seemed to be having hours of fun with Mr. Armstrong, fighting crime and tying him up in knots. He seemed to stretch for miles too. Thing is though, I probably would've been let down by it if I had of received it as a gift, because let's face it, nothing is as good in real-life as it is in adverts. Here's proof...



Just look how happy they look, and how amazingly fun it looks to play with Stretch! I mean, who wouldn't want one of those really! As I said though, the likelihood is that after a long stretching session on Christmas Day, Mr. Armstrong would just be a long floppy mess the next day. This is why I believe it is better to have dreamt about all the good times I could've had with him, rather than had a couple of good days stretching. So yeah, I don't want a Stretch Armstrong anymore. I'm clearly over it.

Before I go, I was told a few weeks ago that Space Raiders, every British child's favourite crisps, known for their distinctive flavour, wacky shapes and most of all, the fact that they're only 10p, have gone up in price. They're now 15p, which for those without an A in GCSE Maths, is a whole 5p more than before! I'll leave you all now, for that ridiculous fact to sink in, and before you get too angry.

5 comments:

samaxon2312 said...

They went up over a year ago alex! Or were lincoln selling the old out of date 10p bags??

"As I said though, the likelihood is that after a long stretching session on Christmas Day, Mr. Armstrong would just be a long floppy mess the next day." - I can't help but think that this is a reference to your excessive yuletide masturbation sessions Alex, but maybe that's just me. I think I need therapy!

Alex said...

Well when I was at home, I could afford better Crisps such as McCoys, but since being at Uni I've had to go for the apparently cheaper option, which nowadays isn't that cheap!

samaxon2312 said...

get yourself to lidl and buy a 400 pack of "DAS CRISPS" the cheaper, german alternative

Alex said...

There are three things that put me off doing that - the fact they're from Lidl, the fact they're sold in packs of 400, and the fact they're German. I'll stick to my overpriced Space Raiders thanks.

samaxon2312 said...

You wouldn't like tins of german beans then, they're sold in tins of 4.2x10⁴. And there's nothing wrong with a bit of german produce!