Saturday 19 December 2009

My first rejection letter

If you read my last blog update, you will know that I applied to become Tranmere Rovers' manager based on my achievements on Football Manager. It's been over a month since I sent the letter, and I've still heard nothing. Les Parry is their caretaker manager until the end of the season though, so I'm thinking they might reply in the summer.

I decided to send a couple more applications, and Sheffield Wednesday and Cheltenham Town were the only two teams without a manager, so they were the two sides I would apply to. This was less than a week ago, and look what came in the post this morning...


I was genuinely excited when I opened it, despite the disappointing news. All I can think is that they must've found someone with more experience than me. I just hope they don't live to regret the decision. One down, ninety-one to go...

No comments: